9 Amazing Mobile Marketing Statistics
1. The growth of the iPhone was 10 times faster than the growth of America Online. (Source: Nielsen) (This is an amazing statistic for those of us who remember mailboxes stuffed with AOL discs during the 1990s.) (Tweet This Stat!)
2. It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone. (Source: Unisys) (Tweet This Stat!)
3. There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association Asia) (Tweet This Stat!)
4. In some countries, there are more mobile subscriptions than there are people. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association) (How can this be? It’s because some people own more than one mobile phone.) (Tweet This Stat!)
5. It takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email. It takes 90 seconds for the average person to respond to a text message. (Source: CTIA.org) (Tweet This Stat!)
6. 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. (Source: Mobile Marketer) (Tweet This Stat!)
7. Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons. (Source: Borrell Associates) (Tweet This Stat!)
8. There are more mobile phones on the planet than there are TVs. (Source: Jupiter) (Tweet This Stat!)
9. 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. (Source: Morgan Stanley) (Tweet This Stat!)
(Source: Mobile Marketing Association)
Mobile Marketing Takeaways
Try mobile marketing for yourself. If you’re like most people, you’ve never scanned a QR code or clicked on a mobile banner ad. But you have to use mobile marketing to understand mobile marketing, so dive in.
In addition, make sure you have a mobile-optimized website. There’s no point getting into mobile if your business’ website isn’t mobile-friendly.
The bottom line? Mobile is here to stay, and your consumers are using it virtually every day of their lives. Given that, isn’t it time for you to get started and dive into the world of mobile? Hopefully, the statistics and takeaways I’ve outlined above will lay the foundation for you to take the next step in Mobile Marketing.